Published on November 7, 2018
Shaw Centre recently hosted the Canadian Society of Association Executives (CSAE) 2018 National Conference from October 24-26. Various, experienced industry professionals were in attendance of this event so we used this opportunity to share with them our current customer service enhancements and ask them what other ideas they would like to see.
Shaw Centre’s current, complimentary customer service enhancements include:
1. Ballet flats – When attending any type of event, from conferences to weddings, we recognize it can take a toll on tired, aching feet. Keeping this top of mind, we’ve made efforts to have ballet flats readily available upon request. Simply let a member of our team know you would like a pair and they will have some brought out for you.
2. Pashminas – We are the first to admit it can be challenging to maintain a universally comfortable temperature, especially in such a large space. Not everyone has the same internal temperature so it’s more common for a large meeting space to run on the cooler, safer side. With that being said, if delegates are ever feeling chilled they have the option to request a complimentary pashmina from any of our staff.
3. Reading glasses – It can be difficult for those who need reading glasses to always have them on hand, so in addition to ballet flats and pashminas available upon request, we also have reading glasses on hand for our delegates.
After receiving feedback from several CSAE attendees, we learned many individuals were already quite impressed with the level of our current customer service enhancements. When we asked what else they would like to see, we received the following suggestions:
1. Water bottle refilling stations – We have water fountains throughout the Centre, but it’s becoming more common to see water stations designed for refilling re-usable water bottles.
2. Portable phone chargers – We have charging stations throughout the Centre where you can safely lock your phone in the station while it charges but having portable chargers/power banks available could be a potentially added convenience for our guests.
So what new and innovative ideas will Shaw Centre introduce next? You’ll just have to book your next event with us to find out!