Ingredients (4 to 6 portions)
1. Dice onion finely and cut the bacon into strips.
2. In a large skillet sautée the diced onion with oil to par-cook them. Add the bacon strips and cook until semi crisp.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot of salty boiling water, cook fettuccine for about 5 minutes. Drain, drizzle oil, toss and reserve.
4. Add the diced ham; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
5. Separately sautée the shrimp quickly with pesto and a dash of white wine. Adjust seasoning. Reserve.
6. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, the yolks, salt and pepper.
7. Return to the large skillet with the bacon mixture, stir in the pasta, add the heavy cream and yolk. Cook 4-5 minutes or until the thermometer reads 160°, stirring constantly until the desired consistency is reached.
8. Served on a large family platter with the pesto shrimp.
Patrick Turcot, Executive Chef