Health and Safety
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: November 5, 2020
As of 12:01 am on November 7th, 2020 the City of Ottawa will be entering the RESTRICT or Orange Stage of the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open. This stage limits the indoor meeting capacity to up to 50 guests. All meetings held during this period of time will adhere to the Province’s Guidance for Professional Meeting and Event Facilities during COVID-19 plan, approved by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Click here to read official announcement.
We will continue to review every inquiry on an individual basis as there are a number of costs and considerations with regards to health and safety measures and operational standards of our building. As always, our priority is and will continue to be the health and safety of our staff, clients and attendees.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Increased Preventative Measures
In addition to the Province of Ontario’s Guidance for Professional Meeting and Event Facilities during COVID-19, below is a quick summary of some of the items that have been developed based on Public Health protocols. As the current environment is a fluid one, we will continue to update our standards as directed by health officials:
- Clean Team
- The creation of a dedicated team who will be deployed to monitor hygiene standards as well as the cleaning of all common contact points.
- Cleaning of touch-points and common areas, i.e. washrooms will occur on a higher frequency and with approved cleaners.
- All clients, delegates, suppliers and staff will go through a screening process, based on public health recommendations.
- Staff, suppliers, clients, delegates and all other visitors to the Centre are required to wear a face-mask.
- Meeting Rooms
- Our events and operations teams have been working diligently to ensure that the same customer service enhancements that you received previously will be available in the safest possible way.
- As there are currently a lot of unknowns when it comes to events, our team has taken the liberty to ease a bit of your planning and created over 450 floor plans throughout our building which incorporate current physical distancing standards.
- A large-scale signage program will be implemented to assist delegate movement throughout the building, as well as reminding them of proper health and safety measures such as hand-washing, wearing of masks and physical distancing.
- Our world-class culinary team is finalizing various enhanced service options that ensure the highest level of health and safety standards.
- Encore AV
- Our in-house audio-visual supplier, Encore AV, is pleased to offer virtual and hybrid meeting packages, allowing planners to reach their remote audience. With the latest technology and new health and safety measures in place, their team of AV experts can walk them through a myriad of options for a flawless event experience.
We want to ensure you that when we open our doors, our building will be prepared to provide you with the same high level, safe experience you’re accustom to.
For the latest developments, we also encourage you to visit the following websites:
Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory
Government of Canada – FAQ’s
Ontario Ministry of Health
Ottawa Public Health