Health and Safety
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: July 17, 2020
As of 12:01 am on July 17th, 2020 the City of Ottawa officially enters into Stage 3 of the Framework for Reopening the Province, pandemic recovery plan. This announcement allows us to host one event per day for 50 people or less.
With that announcement, we are reviewing every inquiry on an individual basis as there are a number of costs and considerations with regards to health and safety measures and operational standards of our building. As always, our priority is and will continue to be the health and safety of our staff, clients and attendees.
We are currently in the process of finalizing a set event package for 50 or less people which is based on the current health and safety recommendations as well as the general operational standards of our building, all costs and details associated will be included within it.
Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
Increased Preventative Measures
Please note that even though our building remains closed we are continuing to work diligently on enhanced health and safety measures to ensure that when we are able to welcome guests back we do so maintaining our high standard of client care.
Below is a quick summary of some of the items that have been developed based on current Public Health protocols and as the current environment is a fluid one, we will continue to update our standards as directed by health officials.
- Clean Team
- The creation of a dedicated team who will be deployed to monitor hygiene standards as well as the cleaning of all common contact points.
- Cleaning of touch-points and common areas, i.e. washrooms will occur on a higher frequency and with approved cleaners.
- All clients, delegates, suppliers and staff will go through a screening process, based on public health recommendations.
- Staff, suppliers, clients, delegates and all other visitors to the Centre will be required to wear a face-mask.
- Meeting Rooms
- Our events and operations teams have been working diligently to ensure that the same customer service enhancements that you received previously will be available in the safest possible way.
- As there are currently a lot of unknowns when it comes to events, our team has taken the liberty to ease a bit of your planning and created over 450 floor plans throughout our building which incorporate current physical distancing standards.
- A large-scale signage program will be implemented to assist delegate movement throughout the building, as well as reminding them of proper health and safety measures such as hand-washing, wearing of masks and physical distancing.
- Our world-class culinary team is finalizing various enhanced service options that ensure the highest level of health and safety standards.
- Encore AV
- Our in-house audio-visual supplier, Encore AV, is pleased to offer virtual and hybrid meeting packages, allowing planners to reach their remote audience. With the latest technology and new health and safety measures in place, their team of AV experts can walk them through a myriad of options for a flawless event experience.
We want to ensure you that when we open our doors, our building will be prepared to provide you with the same high level, safe experience you’re accustom to.
For the latest developments, we also encourage you to visit the following websites:
Government of Canada Travel Advice and Advisory
Government of Canada – FAQ’s
Ontario Ministry of Health
Ottawa Public Health