Holiday party planning tips from Shaw Centre
It’s a busy, festive time of year, particularly here at Shaw Centre where so many people like to hold their annual social events. Account Manager Kelsey Coles has some great advice for those forward-thinkers out there who are already contemplating the 2020 holiday season. Her top five tips are as follows:
- Book your venue early. For best selection, it’s key to choose your date and venue as early as possible. Many of our repeat customers have already made their bookings before the end of January.
- Consider how to best accommodate guests coming from a range of places. A venue like Shaw Centre is centrally located in the downtown core, close to lots of hotels and easy to access by transit or car. Plus, it’s equally accessible for those arriving from out of town by train, bus or airplane, thus making it an ideal location for guests from near and far.
- Choose a time and date that’s best for your guests. It goes without saying that no one wants a Monday night Christmas party, but it may be worthwhile to conduct an informal poll in your organization to determine if a Wednesday or Thursday evening might be preferable to a Friday or Saturday evening event.
- One of the best ways to engage your guests is by including unique entertainment at your party. Our team can offer suggestions of terrific entertainers who can help make your event extra festive and unforgettable.
- Be creative with your menu. Shaw Centre’s kitchen is renowned for showcasing top-quality local ingredients as well as iconic Canadian elements. Executive Chef Patrick Turcot takes great pleasure in working with party planners to come up with delicious menus that offer a ‘wow’ factor in pleasing and unexpected ways. Interactive culinary stations can replace or complement a plated meal, adding fun touches of delicious whimsy to your event. Our culinary team can also help you plan interesting beverage selections including fine Canadian wines, local craft beer and signature cocktails too.
The sooner you start planning your next holiday party, the easier the task will be. We look forward to hearing from you if Shaw Centre sounds like the right venue for you!